Strafford County REALTOR® of the Year
For work with the community and the Strafford Board of REALTORS®
Certified Buyer Representative
A Certified Buyer Representative (CBR®) is specially trained to represent the buyers, helping them get the best possible price for the home they desire. Those agents who have acquired this designation have demonstrated their commitment to full client level service to the buyer.
Short Sale & Foreclosures
With the exponential growth in the number of Short Sale, REO, Foreclosed, and other variations of distressed properties for sale, many buyers are looking for the potential of a“bargain deal.” This includes individuals who have little or no home-buying experience. There is no better reason to seek the help of a REALTOR® who has gained the education and knowledge to help guide you through this particular buyer transaction.
When a buyer is considering purchasing these types of properties, their expectations must be realistic, especially in a Short Sale transaction. Some questions to ask yourself, but not limited to, are:
- Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage?
- Are you a cash buyer and willing to submit proof of funds?
- Willyou be willing to make a reasonable offer?
- Do you have realistic expectations of the time frame? A Short Sale transaction may take anywhere from 30 days or less, or up to 6 months or longer for lender approval.
- Can you be flexible on the closing date? The closing date may need to be changed during the process.
- Do you have a home to sell? Selling a home in order to purchase these types of properties is usually never an accepted contingency in the offer.
Along with the questions you ask yourself, your educated buyer agent will know the questions to ask the listing agent of the distressed property. This is equally important in trying to attain a reasonably smooth transaction.
I have taken the time to gain the skills and knowledge needed to help you in this often, complex transaction. Please contact me with any questions you may have on how to purchase these types of properties.
MRP Certification (Military Relocation Professional)
A REALTOR® with the MRP certification understands that when military staff and their families relocate, the services of a real estate professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful. The MRP certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members which helps their clients find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support that are available.